5 December, 2021
Coconut Christmas biscuits
I always have egg whites left over when baking Christmas cookies. For a long time I didn’t know what to do with them since I don’t like pure egg white desserts very much. I don’t have that problem anymore, as soon as I have egg whites left I make these super fast coconut cookies without weighing them and they go so fast in our house that I don’t even finish baking.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 packet shredded coconut (200g)
- Pinch of salt
- (Baking wafers)
- Beat the egg whites with the sugar and a pinch of salt on high speed until stiff and frothy. You need to be patient, it takes 3-5 minutes depending on the power of the mixer.
- Slowly fold the coconut into the egg whites. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Whoever wants can place a baking wafer under each coconut, but this can also be omitted.
- Then shape the coconut into a quaffle, I use a small coconut scoop for this. However, you can also use a small ice cream scoop or just 2 spoons.
- With coconuts, baking is the most important part. If you want them nice and white, bake them for 12 minutes at 180°C, then turn off the oven and with the door slightly open, just let them dry until the oven has cooled completely.