Grits are rich in fiber, I like to use them to thicken soups.
- 1 large kohlrabi
- 1 kitchen onion
- 3 potatoes
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp grits
- 1,5 l water/broth
- 100 ml cream (vegetable)
- Salt, black pepper, cumin
- Peel and dice the kohlrabi. Chop the onion finely.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and kohlrabi on a low heat, stirring, for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes as well.
- Then pour the water/broth over the kohlrabi, season with salt, black pepper and cumin. Add the potatoes and grits as well.
- Bring to the boil and then cook on a low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, add the cream and finely chopped parsley.