15 December, 2021
Glazed gingerbread biscuits
Gingerbread with glaze can be bought at some Christmas markets in Germany. They are small fluffy pieces full of Christmas aromas with a beautifully glossy glaze. Their preparation is simple and makes fun. They are perfect for baking with children, who have great fun rolling the dough and cutting it into pieces. You can’t go wrong with this recipe ☺️.
Ingredients for dough:
- 250g flour
- 75g sugar
- 75g honey
- 1 egg
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1Pl gingerbread spice
- 50g chocolate
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 50ml lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 2Pl milk
Ingredients for glaze:
- 150g sugar
- 50ml water
- 2Pl cocoa powder
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Place the honey, butter and chocolate in a saucepan and allow all the items to melt, stirring constantly. Then let cool thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and sugar until the sugar is melted. Add the flour, soda, honey cool mixture, milk as well as the juice and zest of the lemon.
- Season with gingerbread spice and cinnamon and knead into a smooth dough. Cover with cling film and leave to set for at least a day in the fridge.
- The next day, knead the dough on a floured work surface and divide it into 8 parts. This activity can also be taken over by children with exceptional skill.
- Cut the rolls into approx. 1,5 cm thick pieces. Place them slightly apart on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 200C for approx. 12 minutes in a preheated oven. Then leave the gingerbread to cool.
- For the glaze, heat the water, sugar and cocoa as well as 2-3 drops of lemon juice in a saucepan and cook, stirring, for approx. 5 to 10 minutes until a syrup-like consistency is formed.
- Place the gingerbread in a tall bowl and then pour the glaze over the gingerbread. Stir everything well and let stand briefly to allow the batter to soak up the glaze.
- Then place the gingerbread on a baking rack and leave them like this 1 day to dry until the glaze dries nicely.
- Store the finished gingerbread in a closed box.