2 December, 2021
Sweet potato sauce for pasta
This great sauce is extremely simple to prepare and tastes beautifully creamy. The sauce has a creamy consistency thanks to the sweet potato, no need to thicken it at all. Those who want a purely vegan version will omit the whipped cream, which I added for extra flavour.
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato
- 50ml whiped cream (can be omitted)
- 50ml pasta water
- Salt, black pepper, dried chilli
- 150g fresh spinach (can be omitted)
- Herbs (e.g. basil)
- Prepare a baking dish. Cut the cucumbers into eighths, also the onion.
- Peel the sweet potato, cut into cubes and add to the dish. Finally, add the garlic (whole), season everything with salt and pepper (or chilli) and drizzle with oil. Add herbs to taste, I used fresh basil.
- Cover the dish with foil and leave in the oven at 200C for 30 minutes. Then uncover the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the pasta in salted water. Drain these when they are done, but reserve a small cup of pasta for later.
- Meanwhile, also cook the spinach in a hot pan in a little oil. Just place the washed leaves in the hot pan and let them simmer for a minute under the lid.
- Just season with salt and pepper. When the vegetables are done, pour them and their juices into a tall bowl and blend with a blender until smooth.
- Add the pasta water. Who wants to add a whiped cream, but this can also be omitted.
- Finally, stir the cooked pasta into the sauce and serve with steamed spinach.