These cookies are not only nicely colored but also beautifully aromatic, full of orange flavor. Thanks to the cranberries, they are also healthy. Cranberries are a tasty source of vitamins B, C and E and are beneficial for our immune system. Simply a healthy treat. A 100ml cup is all you need to measure.
- 1 cup butter (100g) in room temperature
- 2 cups flour (200g)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup cornstarch
- Peel of 1 large orange
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Beat the butter with the icing sugar.
- Add flour, starch, eggs, salt, baking powder and orange zest (set aside 1 tsp for later).
- Knead with your hands until you have an elastic, non-sticky dough. Roll the dough into a rectangle.
- Afterwards chop the cranberries. Divide 2/3 of the cranberries over the surface of the dough. Then roll up the dough and roll it out into a roll.
- Place the remaining orange zest on the work surface and roll the dough a few more times over the zest, allowing this to sink into the dough.
- Cut the dough into small circles and place them on the baking sheet, spaced apart.
- Divide the remaining cranberries over the surface of the biscuits.
- Bake at 180C approx. 10 minutes until they are golden brown.
- When cooled down, sprinkle with icing sugar.