16 December, 2021
Basic chocolate biscuit roulade
Posted in : Nezaradené on by : lydia.argilli
Easy to make and always an eyer-cacher for every visit.
Ingredients for dough:
- 5 eggs
- 80g caster sugar
- 40g cocoa
- 60g flour
Ingredients for filling:
- 400ml milk
- 1 chocolate pudding powder
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 100g butter
- 100ml whipped cream
- 100 mascarpone
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and whip them to a stiff froth, set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until stiff and foamy. Mix on high speed for at least 3 minutes.
- Add the sifted flour and cocoa pudding powder. Then add the egg white foam and in slow movements, mix in the eggs until you are left with a fluffy batter consistency.
- Pour the dough onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 15-20min.
- While still hot, roll the dough in the baking paper into a roulade shape and leave to cool.
- Heat the milk for the vanilla filling. Take some of the milk aside and add the custard powder, sugar and vanilla sugar. When the milk comes to a boil, pour in the whisked custard powder and make a thick custard.
- Place some cling film on top of the hot pudding to prevent a skin from forming and leave to cool like this.
- Then just beat the butter until foamy, add the cold pudding and make a smooth filling. While the custard is cooling, whip the whipping cream with the whipping cream stiffener until stiff.
- Add the mascarpone and beat through. Put the mixture in a food processor.
- Roll the roll out of the parchment paper, spread 1/3 of the chocolate filling, and then spread the whipped cream mixture in the center using the pastry spatula.
- Roll up the roll and brush the surface with the rest of the filling.
- Put the prepared roulade in the fridge for an hour to set.