9 December, 2021
Lemon curd is a lemon marmalade originally from England. It is delicious as a cake topping or as a filling for small pastries. It keeps best in the fridge when ready. As using the cest, it is good to use the lemons in bio quality.
- 3 egg yolks
- 150ml lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons are needed for this)
- 1Pl cornstarch
- 100g sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 50g butter
- Wash the lemons well under running water and dry them. Then grate the rind, but it is very important to grate only the yellow part of the rind, as the white part would cause bitterness.
- Then squeeze the juice from the lemon. The juice of 2 lemons should yield approx. 150ml, if the quantity does not correspond completely, add water.
- Put the squeezed lemon juice, egg yolks, sugar, starch and lemon zest in a saucepan.
- Heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture reaches a stiffer consistency. Then remove from the heat and add the butter.
- Stir until this melts and combines with the lemon mixture to a glossy, creamy consistency.
- Pour the finished lemon curd into glass resealable containers and leave to cool.