This golden, gorgeous cake is made completely without sugar, its only sweetener is natural maple syrup. This gives it not only a beautiful colour but also a pleasant aroma and taste. An excellent cake recipe that any beginner can handle.
- 5 eggs
- 200ml maple syrup
- 150ml orange juice
- 100ml oil
- 330g flour (plain or semi-coarse)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- Turn the oven to 160C and let it heat up.
- Beat the eggs with a mixer until frothy.
- Add the orange juice, maple syrup and oil and continue beating.
- Then add the dry items- flour and baking powder and work into a smooth dough.
- Pour 2/3 of the batter into a greased bundt pan.
- Stir the cocoa powder into the remaining batter and pour it over the light batter so that the batter is mixed. You can use a toothpick to make patterns in the dark batter, for example.
- Bake the dough in the oven for approx. 45 minutes until the dough is cooked through. You can tell this by sticking a toothpick into the dough, and when it has no dough residue on it when you pull it out, it’s done.
- Let the cake cool thoroughly before turning it out of the tin. This way it will not damage its shape.