An easy cake where you don’t need a mixer or a scale. You measure out all the ingredients using a spoon or a 200ml mug. This variation on banana bread is packed with the flavours of cinnamon, gingerbread spice along with plenty of crunchy walnuts. An easy baking recipe that even kids can handle.
- 3 ripe bananas (approx. 450g)
- 1 cup sugar (I used cane sugar for its caramel flavour)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup (vegetable) milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 packet (40g) vanilla custard powder
- 1/2 cup melted vegetable fat/oil
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 5 tbsp water
- 1/2 baking powder
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 1 cup walnuts chopped finely
- 1 tbsp gingerbread spice
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Mash the bananas with a fork and drizzle with lemon juice. Then add the sugar and continue stirring with a fork until the sugar is completely melted.
- Heat the vegetable milk with the vegetable butter and stir until the butter is melted.
- In the meantime, mix the finely ground flaxseeds with the water and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Sift the flour into a bowl with the pudding starch. Add the salt, vanilla sugar and baking powder.
- Then add the banana mixture and flax seeds as well as the cinnamon and gingerbread spices. Mix.
- Finally, chop the walnuts and add them to the batter.
- Pour the batter into a greased baking tin and bake at 180C approx. 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.