This dish warms and satiates beautifully. In addition, it is easy to prepare, an excellent dish for a quick lunch or dinner. Rice is suitable as a side dish
- 250 g chicken breasts
- 200 g pumpkin
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1-2 teaspoons red curry paste (be careful, it is quite spicy, you need to season it carefully)
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 1 red pepper
- 100 ml water/broth
- 100 ml coconut milk
- Salt, black pepper Parsley/coriander
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp potato starch + 2 tbsp water
- Finely chop the onion. Wash the chicken breasts, pat dry and cut into thin strips. Season with salt.
- Wash the pumpkin (anyone who wants can peel it, I don’t peel it in this dish because it keeps the pumpkin in shape better), remove the inside and cut into cubes the size of ca. 1,5×1,5cm.
- First, fry the pumpkin cubes briefly in oil on all sides, season with salt and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the onions, chicken breasts until the meat is golden.
- Return the pumpkin cubes, season with black pepper and add the curry paste and ketchup.
- Add the crushed garlic, water/broth and simmer covered over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and add lemon juice to taste, or chili if you don’t like it spicy enough.
- Mix the potato starch in a little cold water and pour into the dish, stir to thicken the sauce.
- Before serving, sprinkle with fresh coriander or parsley, or finely chopped red pepper.