I still have brussels sprouts growing in my garden, this one can cope gut with mild frosts. That’s why I decided to process it this time in the form of soup, although even fresh without heat treatment it tastes great. This soup is dairy-free but still beautifully creamy.
- 1 onion
- 3 large potatoes
- 10 heads of Brussels sprouts
- 1,5l water/vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp
- salt, black pepper, cumin
- In a saucepan, fry the finely chopped onion in the oil until it starts to turn golden in colour.
- In the meantime, clean the Brussels sprouts, removing the outer leaves and cutting the sprouts in half.
- Add to the onions and continue to fry over a medium heat. Clean the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- After 5 minutes of roasting, cover the kale and onion with water or vegetable stock and add the potatoes.
- Season with salt, black pepper and cumin and bring the soup to the boil.
- Cook over a low heat for 25 minutes. Then blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Thanks to the starch from the potato, the soup is beautifully creamy, no need to thicken it anymore.