If there’s anything I don’t like about biscuit dough, it’s when the dough is dry. These chocolate muffins are wonderfully moist, juicy and fluffy, all without containing an egg. They literally melt on the tongue. To achieve this consistency, apple puree is added to the batter.
- 220g flour
- 40 g cocoa
- 80ml oil
- 50ml coffee
- 100 ml (vegetable) milk (for example oat milk)
- 1,5 tbsp baking powder
- 100 ml apple puree
- 2 tbsp chopped linseed + 5 tbsp water to replace the egg
- (50g chocolate chips)
- First, mix the flaxseeds with water and let them swell. Prepare an egg substitute.
- Then mix the flour, cocoa and baking powder in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients – oil, vegetable milk, apple puree, coffee and flax seeds.
- Make a batter that is relatively liquid, unlike the classic muffin batter. Don’t worry, the batter will come together during baking.
- Prepare the muffin tins. Put a scoop of batter in each one and whoever wants to can sprinkle the surface of the batter with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 180C approx. 25 minutes.