Are you looking for a quick caramel recipe, whether as a filling for pancakes, desserts or cakes?
This caramel is made from dried dates, which have a wonderful caramel flavour, aroma and even colour. Ready to cream, the difference with “real” caramel is really very small.
I recommend trying this healthy option without sugar and even without cooking.
- 10-12 pcs juicy dates
- Hot water (approx. 50ml)
- (Prepare date or agave syrup)
- Heat the water.
- Place the dates (without seeds) in a bowl, cover with hot water and leave to rest for 2-3 hours.
- Then pour off the water (but do not wash the woodpeckers, they should remain moist).
- Place the dates in a tall bowl and use an immersion blender to blend them into a smooth purée.
- If you want, you can flavour the mixture with more date or agave syrup.
- You can skip the flavouring altogether, as the mixture is sweet.