Great biscuits full of flavour and totally egg-free. Easy mug baking recipe. You just need a 200ml cup
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 5 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup ground oats 1 cup flour 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable fat (e.g. coconut)
- 1/2 packet baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Mix the finely ground flaxseeds with water and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Mix the peanut butter with the melted fat and sugar. Add the flaxseeds, oats which have been ground finely in a food processor (alternatively you can buy oat flour).
- And also add the flour and baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Knead until the ingredients come together and then roll the dough into a cylinder, wrap the cylinder in clingfilm and leave in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Remove the dough, unwrap from the cling film and divide into equal sized portions. Then roll these between your hands and shape into balls.
- Place the balls on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake at 180C for 30 minutes until crisp.
- Remove from the baking sheet when they are cool, otherwise they may break. If you like, drizzle the finished biscuits with melted dark chocolate.