This salad of cooked beetroot is a big treat. It is also an ideal dish for strengthening the body as it is rich in minerals such as iron, copper, zinc, iodine, magnesium and fibre. Beetroot is also a known dotoxifier, not only does it cleanse the kidneys, but it also purifies the bloodstream overall.
- 500g cooked and peeled beetroot
- 1 big apple
- 1 cup dried raisins
- 1 cup of nuts (wallnuts)
- 1 pck creme Fraiche
- 2 garlic cloves
- Salt, pepper
- Peel and coarsely grate 500g of cooked beetroot. Care should be taken as beetroot juice is a strong colouring, so best to use a stainless steel bowl and grater.
- Peel and coarsely grate 1 apple. Pour boiling water over a cup of dried raisins or prunes and let stand briefly, then drain off the water and add to the beetroot.
- Coarsely chop one cup of nuts (walnuts or pecans) and add to the salad.
- For the marinade, use 1 package Creme Fraiche, which we season with salt, black pepper and 1-2 crushed garlic cloves (don’t be afraid to add it here, the garlic adds a fantastic flavor to the whole salad).
- Put the marinade in a bowl and mix everything together well.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving to combine the flavours.