7 January, 2022
Orange waffles with almonds
Posted in : baking, desserts on by : lydia.argilli
The orange aroma is fresh and gives a feeling of lightness. Together with almonds, it is a beautiful winter combination of flavours and aromas.
- Juice of 4 oranges (approx. 250ml)
- 4 eggs
- 1 room temperature butter (250g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 250 g plain flour
- 150 g finely ground almonds
- Pinch of salt
- Beat the eggs with the sugar.
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges, strain through a sieve and add to the eggs.
- Add the butter and the dry ingredients- almonds, flour, salt and mix well.
- Let rest at room temperature covered for an hour.
- Then on a greased waffle maker put a ladleful of batter and bake the waffle ca. 5 minutes until golden.