Very simple biscuits made of the basic butter dough. I filled the hole with chocolate filling but you can also fill this one with jam, for example.
- 3 egg yolks
- 350g plain flour
- 350g (cold) butter
- 100g sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar
- pinch of salt
- 100ml whipped cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- 50g chopped hazelnuts for decoration
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla sugar until foamy.
- Add the cold butter cut into pieces, salt and flour and work into a smooth dough with your hands. Since you are working with cold butter, you don’t have to let the dough set, but you can work with it right away.
- Take small pieces of the dough with your hands and form them into small balls about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. One baking sheet will fit 5×4, so 20 pieces.
- Then, press a small mound in the centre of each biscuit.
- Bake the biscuits at 180C approx. 8 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling. For this, heat the cream and remove it from the stove. Add the finely chopped chocolate and stir until it melts.
- When the biscuits are baked, allow them to cool and then spoon 1 teaspoon of the filling into the centre of each biscuit.
- Before the filling sets, sprinkle it with the finely chopped hazelnuts. Leave to set.