These buns are aromatic and beautifully crispy on the outside and without unnecessary calories. A healthy option to classic pizza.
- 10g fresh yeast + 1tbsp sugar
- 250g flour
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1tbsp oil
- Approx. 150ml warm water
- 150g vegan soft creamy cheese
- 1tbsl curry spices
- 1 tsp corn
- 1 tsp hot ground paprika
- Salt, black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- A handful of chopped chives
- Big cup of fresh baby spinach
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- Crumble the yeast into a bowl and sprinkle with sugar. Stir well and let stand for 10 minutes to form a sourdough starter.
- When the sourdough has formed, mix it with the flour, salt and oil and gradually add water in small quantities and knead until an elastic, non-sticky dough forms.
- Put the dough in a bowl, cover and leave to rise for an hour at room temperature.
- Then roll out the dough on a floured work surface into a large rectangle.
- Mix the vegan cream cheese with the spices, salt, crushed garlic and chopped chives.
- Spread the filling evenly over the dough. Top with 1 baby spinach. Slice the tomatoes thinly and set a few aside for later. Layer the remaining ones on top of the spinach.
- Roll up the dough and make a roll. Cut this into ca. 3 cm thick pieces, which you place at intervals on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Press a slice of tomato into the centre of the roll. Cover the dough with a tea towel and leave to rest for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Brush the sides of the rolls with more oil and bake for 20-25 minutes until crispy.