Tasty Christmas tree made of puff pastry and filled with a tasty filling of spinach, almonds and parmesan cheese. A nice dish for a visitor that is quickly ready.
- 1 puff pastry
- 6 tbsp thawed frozen spinach
- 4 tbsp ground almonds
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan + 1 tbsp for sprinkling
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt, black pepper
- egg yolk for spreading
- Roll out the puff pastry and divide it in the middle into 2 equal parts.
- Put the thawed spinach in a sieve to drain off the excess liquid and then put it in a bowl with the ground almonds and parmesan cheese, mix.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves and season the mixture with salt (salt carefully as parmesan is already a salty kind of cheese) and black pepper.
- Then spread the spinach mixture on one part of the dough and cover it with the other part of the dough.
- Cut off the corners of the dough to form a triangle at the top and cut out the bottom part to form a tree trunk. Afterwards cut the ‘halves’ horizontally, but cut them only 2/3 of the way through to keep the tree trunk intact.
- Transfer the dough to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Twist each part of tree as pn the picture afterwards.
- Brush the prepared tree with the egg yolk and sprinkle the trunk with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 200C approx. 20 minutes until golden.