If you want to prepare some tasty pancakes, I recommend you to try this simple and healthy recipe. It uses applesauce (or baby apples) in an unconventional way. It adds a lightness and intense flavor to the batter.
The recipe is also egg-free. The peanut butter and banana mainly take over the gluing function in it.
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (80g)
- 5 tablespoons apple puree (100g)
- 1 banana
- 4 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125 ml oat milk
- 170 g flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut fat
- Heat the peanut butter with the coconut fat either in the microwave or over steam.
- Add the sugar to the mixture and stir to dissolve.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed banana, apple puree, peanut butter, fat, sugar and baking powder.
- Add the oat milk, cinnamon and flour. Mix well.
- Let the dough stand for 15 minutes to allow the flour to puff up nicely.
- Then, in a greased frying pan over a medium heat, bake the pancakes on both sides until golden brown.
- The fire should be set on a low heat so that they are nicely cooked through on the inside before browning on the outside.