A delicious rich soup, which is usually served with bread and a slice of lemon as a main dish.
- 1 cup (200ml) red lentils
- 1 large kitchen onion
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 celery
- 1/2 leek
- 2 potatoes
- 1,5 tbsp dried mint
- 1 tsp dried chilli
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Salt, black pepper, cumin
- 2 l water/broth
- To prepare this soup, peel the onion and cut it into cubes. Then let the onions slowly fry in oil.
- Finely chop the carrots, celery and leek, add to the onions and sauté together for at least 5 minutes until the vegetables start to turn a brownish colour.
- Also add a tablespoon each of dried mint and chilli.
- Then add the peeled potatoes and the red lentils, which have first been rinsed thoroughly under running water.
- Rinse the lentils until the water stops running. Pour water/broth over everything, add salt and pepper and let it cook for 35 minutes.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender until smooth and season with lemon juice and dried mint.