Winter desserts should warm you up and offer a bit of winter atmosphere. This dessert combines these elements, the delicate aroma of marzipan, plus nuts and chocolate topping along with a soft hot pear are a great winter cozy dessert.
- 2 large pears
- 100g marzipan
- 4 walnuts
- 3-4 Pl honey
- Water (approx. 30ml)
- Whole cinnamon or liquorice
- 50ml whipped cream
- 4 Pl crystal sugar
- 2 Pl cocoa
- Wash and halve the pears. Remove the pears from the centre with the pits so that a hole is formed.
- Divide the marzipan into 4 pieces and roll them out. Put one piece of marzipan in each hole.
- Finally, press the nut into the marzipan. Place the pears in a baking dish, pour a little water in the centre and add the cinnamon.
- Cover the dish and bake at 200°C. The baking time depends a little on the variety of pear but I recommend baking covered for 45 minutes and then using a knife to test if the pear is soft enough. If the knife digs into the pear it is soft without any problems, if not bake it for a short time.
- Then remove the foil and leave to bake for a further 5-10 minutes until golden.
- For the topping, heat the cream in a saucepan, add the sugar and cocoa and stir until a sticky, syrupy topping forms.
- Pour this over the still hot pears when serving. Vanilla ice cream is also an excellent accompaniment