Excellent recipe for lovers of salted caramel. It becomes salty thanks to the salted peanuts, which also add a lovely crunchy taste to the filling.
For the dough you need:
- 4 small eggs
- 80g granulated sugar
- 40g cocoa
- 60g sifted plain flour
- A pinch of baking powder
For the filling you need:
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 100 g butter
- 100ml whipped cream
- 200g peanuts (if you use fresh peanuts, add 0.5 tbsp sea salt) Alternatively, you can choose salted peanuts
- 30g of cooking chocolate for decoration
- 1 whipped cream (250ml)
- 1 whipped cream stiffener
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and whip them to a stiff froth, set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until stiff and foamy. Mix on high speed for at least 3 minutes.
- Add the sifted flour and cocoa. Then add the egg white foam and in slow movements, mix with the eggs until you are left with a fluffy batter consistency.
- Pour the batter onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 15-20min.
- While still hot, roll the dough in the baking paper into a roulade shape and leave to cool.
- Heat the cream and butter in a saucepan until the butter melts.
- Put the sugar in the other pot and let it caramelise while heating and stirring occasionally. It is important not to stir the sugar with a spoon, but only by swirling the pot. Also, never leave the caramel unattended.
- Once the sugar has turned into a brownish liquid, add the hot whipped cream and butter and stir until the items are combined. This time feel free to use a whisk to stir.
- Meanwhile, shell your peanuts and chop them into smaller pieces. If you don’t have fresh peanuts, you can also use salted shelled peanuts, but then don’t salt the caramel.
- Refrigerate the caramel mixture for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whip the whipping cream with the whipping cream stiffener until stiff.
- Then fill the roulade. First, carefully spread the caramel mixture and spread it all over the dough. Then put 2/3 of the whipped cream in the centre and roll up the roulade. Put it in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Finally, spread the remaining whipped cream on top of the roll. Melt the chocolate and use it to make a pattern on the surface of the roulade. A few peanuts can also be placed on top of the roulade. And we can serve ☺️.