Do you like the almonds you can buy at Christmas markets? Nicely coated in a layer of caramel? You can easily prepare such crunchy nuts at home.
- 250 whole almonds
- 4 tbsp (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50 ml warm water
- Put the sugar in a larger pot or pan.
- Heat until brown, stirring constantly. Stir only in a circular motion, not with a ladle.
- As soon as the sugar starts to become liquid and caramel in colour, pour in the hot water and add the cinnamon.
- Heat again and stir, this time with a ladle, until all the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has a syrupy, sticky consistency.
- Then add the whole almonds, stir and remove from the heat.
- Tip the almonds onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Take care not to touch the almonds if possible.
- Leave to dry for at least 24 hours.