14 January, 2022
Vegan aromatic banana bread (without egg)
This banana bread is so simple and tastes great, nice and fluffy. All you need is a few ripe bananas and a few ingredients that you probably have at home and you can enjoy this goodness. You don’t have to weigh it either, it’s a mug recipe. All you need is a mug and a volume of 100ml.
- 3 ripe bananas (approx. 450g)
- 1 cup sugar (I use brown sugar for its caramel flavour)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup oil (or fluid coconut fat)
- 1 tbsp of date syrup (you can also chop 5 dried dates instead of 5 finely)
- 1 packet (40g) cocoa pudding powder/starch
- 1/2 baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice Pinch of salt
Ingredients for icing:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut fat
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- Slice the bananas and place in a bowl with the sugar. Add the lemon juice, then blend everything with an immersion blender to a puree.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, starch and oil to the banana mixture.
- Then add the date syrup (or chopped dates)- they give the batter a lovely caramel flavor.
- Season the dough with cinnamon, vanilla, dried ginger and gingerbread spice as well as salt.
- Finally, stir in the chopped almonds (reserve a few for garnish).
- Pour the batter into a baking form and bake at 160°C for approx. 45 minutes. When the dough is done, it smells nice.
- Cool completely before removing from the tin.
- For the icing, put the water, cocoa, coconut fat and sugar in a saucepan and heat, stirring until the icing has a syrupy consistency.
- Pour the icing over the cooled bread and sprinkle the surface with the almonds.
- Refrigerate for half an hour, then store in a sealed container. Stored like this, it still tastes good after 5 days