12 January, 2022
Creamy tomato soup
Posted in : comfort food, cooking, soup on by : lydia.argilli
This soup is quick to prepare and very intense in flavour and aroma. It can be prepared from fresh tomatoes or from tomato juice-passata
- 1 onion
- 750g tomato juice passata/1kg tomatoes
- 1 l water/broth
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tsp sugar salt, black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried herbs (oregano, thyme, basil)
- Fry 1 diced onion in oil until golden. Sprinkle with flour and stir.
- Add tomatoes cut into smaller pieces or passata as well as water or broth. Then add the carrots and a piece of celery cut into small pieces to the soup.
- In addition, add salt, black pepper, 1 bay leaf, a whole garlic clove, sugar and herbs. Let it cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves from the soup and blend the soup with an immersion blender. If you’ve cooked the soup with whole tomatoes, it’s a good idea to strain this through a sieve as well.
- Serve with toasted bread.