This dessert is a complete treat, although not exactly low in calories but for me personally the most delicious way to use mascarpone. The dessert literally melts on the tongue and when allowed to cool enough, it’s also lovely to cut.
- 4 eggs
- 150g kr. Sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar
- ½ baking powder
- 150g flour
- 50g cocoa
- 100ml oil
- 100ml cold espresso
- 500g mascarpone
- 450ml milk
- 2 whipped cream thickeners
- 3 whipped cream powder
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 2tsp Nutella
- 200ml whipping cream
- 200g dark chocolate
- bitter cocoa for sprinkling
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar and vanilla sugar until foamy. Add the oil and continue whisking.
- Then add the dry ingredients- flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix well. Then add water or coffee.
- Finally, lightly fold in the egg white and gently incorporate.
- Pour the batter into a rectangular baking pan (I have a 33×43) and bake in a preheated oven at 160°C until the sponge starts to smell (approx. 40 min.).
- Then remove and let cool. When the crust is cold, cut it in half lengthwise. Place a pastry hoop around the bottom of the pastry.
- For the filling, first whisk the milk with the whipped cream powder, vanilla sugar and whipped cream thickener until stiff. Add the mascarpone and mix well.
- Spread half of the filling on the bottom crust and place the top crust on top.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Nutella to the remaining filling and mix well. Spread over the top pastry.
- Finally, make the icing. For this, heat the whipping cream (it must not boil just heat up), add the chopped chocolate and mix well until a smooth liquid icing is formed. Using a spoon, spoon this over the top of the filling and spread.
- Refrigerate for a few hours, preferably to set (then cut easily, preferably with a hot knife). Before serving, sprinkle the topping with more baking cocoa.