This simple recipe combines the benefits of carrots, especially known for their high vitamin A content, along with the virtues of ginger into a delicious creamy soup, great for boosting immunity.
Ginger has been known for centuries for its antibacterial properties and beneficial effects on respiratory diseases.
In addition to its many vitamins (A, B, C, E), it also contains minerals such as magnesium, phosphorus and iron and is really effective in suppressing the symptoms of flu-like illnesses.
- 7-10 carrots
- 1 large potato
- 1 onion
- 1 piece of ginger about the size of a thumb (approx. 20g)
- 1,5 l vegetable stock/water
- salt, black pepper
- 1 sugar cube
- 100ml vegetable cream
- Cut the onion into cubes and let it slowly fry in the oil until it starts to turn golden in colour.
- Clean the carrot and potato and cut into cubes.
- Using a spoon, scrape the ginger from the skin and grate finely.
- When the onions are almost browned, add the carrots and sauté together for 5 more minutes.
- Then pour the stock/water over the vegetables and add the potato as well as the ginger.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar and let it cook for 20 minutes.
- Then blend with an immersion blender.
- Finally, add the cream.
- You can also garnish the soup with fresh parsley before serving.