Great soup for cold wetter days. Creamy, rich and full of taste.
- 0,5 kg potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp crushed cumin
- 3 black peppercorns
- 2 peeled garlic cloves (whole)
- 1,5 l water/broth
- 100ml sweet cooking cream
- 200ml milk
- 1,5 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp ground. starch
- 0,5-1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- Pinch of chilli
- Peel the potatoes, cut into equal sized cubes and wash under running water.
- Then put them in a saucepan with the bay leaf, crushed cumin seeds, 3 black peppercorns and 2 peeled garlic cloves (whole).
- Pour water over everything so that it is ca. 2 cm above the edge of the potatoes. Then add salt and let cook, covered, on a low heat for 15min.
- To thicken, combine 100ml sweet cooking cream, milk, flour, potato starch in a bowl and stir everything together until the lumps disappear.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve to the potatoes and stir. Let it boil for a short time, then turn off the heat.
- Finally, season with 0,5-1 tablespoon of vinegar (depending on who likes it sour) and sugar. I also add dill and chilli.
- Serve with hard-boiled egg or smoked meat or sausage.