Great soup to warm up in cold wetter.
- 200g green lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1 tsp crushed cumin
- 2 peeled garlic cloves (whole)
- 1,5 l of water
- 200ml milk (or whipped cream)
- 1,5 tbsp potato starch
- tbsl vinegar
- 1tsp sugar
- Wasch green lentils, wash under a strainer. Those who are conscientious can let the lentils stand in water, then the cooking time will be reduced. But in this case it does not have to be, green lentils even without standing will soften relatively quickly.
- Put the lentils in a pot with 1 bay leaf, 2 black peppercorns, 1 tsp crushed cumin, 2 peeled garlic cloves (whole) and 1,5 l of water.
- Covered, bring to the boil and cook until tender. When the lentils are cooked, it is sufficient to boil for approx. 20min. For unripened lentils approx. 40min.
- Then add 200ml milk (or whipped cream) to the pot.
- In 5 tbsp of water stir in 1,5 tbsp of starch. Scrape and pour into soup.
- Stir and heat just until the soup comes to the boil. Finally add 1 tbsl vinegar and 1tsp sugar.