15 December, 2021
Basic recipe for French pancakes
You know when you cook a tried-and-tested recipe over and over again and rarely dare to change it? For me, that recipe was the recipe for pancakes, which everyone always liked, so there was no reason to try something else. But the other day I remembered how my 10 years older cousin used to make delicious pancakes with oil in the batter when I was a kid, so I decided to leave my comfort zone and try something new. The result was pancakes so delicious that it was a battle to make them, even though they weren’t even filled yet.
- 4 eggs
- 4tbls caster sugar
- 75ml sunflower oil
- 500ml milk
- 200g flour
- pinch of salt
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until frothy.
- the oil and a pinch of salt and continue beating for 2-3 minutes.
- Finally, add the flour and mix until a homogeneous mixture without lumps is formed.
- Let the dough rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan. Before each pancake, brush it with a little oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter onto the oiled pan and spread it evenly over the surface of the pan.
- Bake on each side over medium heat approx. 2 minutes until golden.