The sweet potato is a great vegetable that can be used in so many different varied ways. In particular, its creamy consistency is enhanced by roasting, so they’re great for stuffing and baking, for example with that tasty chickpea filling with spinach.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 small can of chickpeas (150g)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1Pl tomato puree
- 1 onion
- Salt, black pepper, dried chilli
- Dried garlic
- Wash and dry the potato skin well. Use a knife to make a few punctures in the potato, this will allow the temperature of the oven to penetrate better into the potato later on.
- Wrap the potatoes in foil and bake at 200 °C for an hour. Then let the potatoes cool and cut them in half. Mash the inside of the potato with a fork.
- For the filling, put 1 onion, chopped finely, and the chickpeas, drained of their juices, in a pan to roast.
- After 2-3 minutes, add the tomato puree and season the mixture with salt, black pepper and dried garlic. In this case, dried garlic is better suited than fresh garlic as it has a less dominant flavour.
- Put a cup spinach i to a bowl together with a little bit of water. Blend it and add to the pan along with the fresh spinach.
- Simmer for 1 more minute. Then stuff the potatoes with the stuffing and put them in the oven to bake for 10 more minutes.